Congratulations! You are a now Student Library Assistant at the Wilson Dental Library and Soule Computer Learning Center.
This LibGuide was created to assist in the training of the Wilson Dental Library and Learning Center's student library assistants.
Here's a quick tour of the Wilson Dental Library:
- The work spaces of the Library Supervisor, Library Assistants, and the Computer Services Consultant
- A kitchen space with a sink and refrigerator that student workers may use. Cabinets above this area hold cups, utensils, etc. for all to use.
- A computer and scanner set up to handle InterLibrary Loan (ILL) requests (mainly used for ILL, but also used for scanning and other special projects assigned by library staff)
- Cabinets that contiain office supplies
- Cash register to handle all monetary transactions
- Key lock box that holds all keys used in the Library and Learning Center
- All Reserves books are clearly marked with a blue Reserves label near the Call Number
- These are the most frequently used texts by the Ostrow community
- There is a Reserves Book List PDF located on the four computers across from the circulation desk that are used to look up call numbers
- Reserves are 3 hour check outs and may go out of the library (EXCEPT COPY 1)
- Copy 1 is always LIBRARY USE ONLY and may never leave the library.
- Any extra copies may leave the library and after 4pm they may circulate overnight (due back the next business day at 10am)
- Two Student Library Assistant work stations and a Staff work station
- WDL_COLOR printer
- Our Media collection in the green cabinets
- Across from the Circulation Desk are four computers used for searching the catalog, making Group Study Room Reservations, looking up the Reserves Book list, etc.
- Also across from the Circulation Desk is the Book Sale. Please refer to Staff for these transactions
- The New Books Shelf is located near the Circulation Desk. These books are rotated out roughly every two weeks and are available for check out
- Ten computers and scanners that anyone with USC credentials can log in to
- WDL_VREF printer
- The Information Services Librarian's office. Please refer research inquiries to our Librarian in person or using the Ask-A-Librarian form
- Card Copier and Department copier
- VendaCard machine to purchase print cards that are used for printing and copying
- Office supplies
- Reams of paper used to refill printers and copiers located in the locked cabinets
DENTAL paper is used for the department copier, while HSL paper is used for all other machines (Card Copier, WDL_VREF, and WDL_LC). Glossy paper for WDL_COLOR is located in the Staff Area cabinets.
- Reference Collection. These books DO NOT CIRCULATE and are clearly marked with a yellow Reference label by the Call Number
- Study space
- Group Study Rooms
- The Library Director's office
- Book Room. Books in this location circulate for four weeks including the Oversize book collection
- Bound Journal Room. All bound journals are alphabetically organized. Oversized journals can be found here as well, alphabetically organized.
- Current Journal Shelving. All current journals are alphabetically organized
- Rare Book Room. This room provides a conference space for our Staff as well as Ostrow faculty and staff (with permission needed from the Library Director). Houses our collection of rare books, archives, and historical dental-related items.
Here's a quick tour of the Learning Center:
- Student Library Assistant work station
- Thirty nine computers equipped with software needed by Ostrow students, faculty, and staff such as Axium
- one instructor computer station located at the lectern
- WDL_LC printer
- No Food or Drink is allowed in the Learning Center